Religion in Modern Asia Newsletter
Mark R. Mullins
- "The Struggle for Christian Higher Education in Japan: A Case-Study of Meiji Gakuin University," in Gerard Dekker, Donald Luidens, and Rodger Rice, eds., Rethinking Secularization: Reformed Encounters with Modernity (University Press of America, 1997).
- "What About the Ancestors? Japanese Christian Responses to Protestant Individualism," Studies in World Christianity: The Edinburgh Review of Theology and Religion, vol. 3 (1997).
- "The Political and Legal Response to Aum-Related Violence in Japan: A Review Article," Japan Christian Review, vol. 63 (1997).
- "Charismatic Christianity Rediscovered: The Case of Indigenous Movements in Japan," Meiji Gakuin Ronso, Sogo Kagaku Kenkyu [The Meiji Gakuin Review: Proceedings of Integrated Arts and Sciences], vol. 56, no. 594 (1997).
- "Aum Shinrikyo as an Apocalyptic Movement," in Thomas Robbins and Susan B. Palmer, eds., Millennium, Messiahs and Mayhem: Contemporary Apocalyptic Movements (London: Routledge, 1997).
- "The Organizational Dilemmas of Ethnic Churches: A Case Study of Japanese Buddhism in Canada." Sociological Analysis 49:3 (1988).
- "The Situation of Christianity in Contemporary Japanese Society." The Japan Christian Quarterly 55:2 (1989).
- "The Transplantation of Religion in Comparative Sociological Perspective." Japanese Religions 16:2 (1990)
- "Japanese Pentecostalism and the World of the Dead: A Study of Cultural Adaptation in Iesu no Mitama Kyokai." Japanese Journal of Religious Studies 17:4 (1990).
- with Richard Fox Young. "Editor's Introduction." Japanese Journal of Religious Studies, 18:2-3 (1991) (Special Double Issue on Japanese New Religions Abroad).
- "The Empire Strikes Back: Korean Christian Missions to Japan." Japanese Religions 17:1, forthcoming (1992).
- "The Sociology of Church Growth: An Introduction to the Literature." The Japan Christian Quarterly 56:1 (1990).
- Religious Minorities in Canada: A Sociological Study of the Japanese Experience. Canadian Studies Series, vol. 4. Lewiston, New York: The Edwin Mellen Press, 1989.
- "Japan's New Age and Neo-New Religions: Sociological Interpretations." In Perspectives on the New Age, edited by James R. Lewis and J. Gordon Melton. Albany, New York: State University of New York Press, forthcoming.
- translator. "Youth Deprivation, and New Religions: A Sociological Perspective," by NISHIYAMA Shigeru. Japan Christian Quarterly 57:1 (1991).
Last updated: 2001/11/28 14:37:34
Copyright © 2001 Institute for Japanese Culture and Classics, Kokugakuin University. All Rights Reserved.